NSW (New South Wales), Australia, is a place to explore the beauty of nature. Located on the east coast of Australia, it is famous for its stunning beaches and mountains, relaxation spots, top-notch hotels, and restaurants.
If you are searching for the perfect holiday destination, check out our recommendation of the best places to visit in NSW.
The capital city of NSW, Sydney, is one of the most vibrant cities. Sydney is well-known for its stunning beaches, impressive architecture, iconic Sydney Opera, and the Sydney Harbor Bridge. It has many high-end restaurants and hotels with delicious food.
2.1. Best Things to Do In Sydney
- Relax at the beautiful Bondi beach.
- Spend a day at museums and galleries.
- Take a walk on the Harbour Bridge.
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens.
- Visit the Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
2. Hunter Valley
The Hunter Valley has ten different themed gardens with various flowers. Here, you can walk in the gardens and enjoy the fragrance. Hunter Valley has some of the best-tasting wines and is a famous destination for weddings and other events.
Best things to do
- Visit the Hunter Valley Gardens.
- Ride in hot air balloons.
- Sip a wide variety of wines.
- Spend a day at Wollemi National Park.
3. The Blue Mountains
This is a great place for nature lovers to behold one of the world’s heritage. Experience the beauty of the Blue Mountains, a major attraction in the Blue Mountains National Park.
Best things to do at the Blue Mountains
- Scenic hiking
- Go to mountain biking.
- Get experience in Rock climbing.
- Photography – capture the spectacular views.
4. The South Coast’s Beaches
Enjoy the beautiful views of Hyams Beach and Jervis Bay, which are some of the best beaches in Australia. Feel the white sand and make beautiful memories. You can visit various resorts to explore many fun activities.
Best beaches of the NSW Coast
- Depot Beach: Surrounded by Murramarang National Park
- Jones Beach: Cathedral Rocks are located near Jones Beach and can be accessed from its southern end.
- Merimbula Beach: Crystal clear water
- Green Patch Beach: Safe beach
- Pebbly Beach: Kangaroos
- Target Beach: White sand beach
- Pretty Beach: Campground
5. Lord Howe Island
Lord Howe Island is a nature’s paradise. It is a great place for nature lovers to make memories and capture the beautiful sceneries.
Best things to do at Lord Howe Island
- Enjoy the beautiful walking trails.
- Scuba diving.
6. Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour is a city full of adventures and attractions. It is one of the best destinations for family holidays in New South Wales, Australia. One of its biggest attractions is the well-known “Big Banana” monument.
- Dolphin Marine Conservation Park.
- Coffs Harbour Butterfly House.
- Visit nearby Emerald Beach and enjoy swimming and fishing.
- Spend your day at Big Banana Fun Park.
- Enjoy Whale Watching.
- Visit the stunning Muttonbird Island.
- Visit the Dorrigo National Park and capture the beautiful views of picturesque waterfalls and rainforests.
7. The Snowy Mountains
Mount Kosciuszko is one of the major attractions of New South Wales National Park National Park. It has stunning waterfalls, gum trees, and wildflowers. You can enjoy the beautiful nature scenery, hiking trails, and skiing in the Snowy Mountains,
Best things to do
- Take a walk on the Nichols Gorge Track.
- Visit the Kosciuszko Education Centre.
- Buy some art and craft stuff.
- Visit the Centennial Park.
- Have a wonderful time at Lavender House.
- Take snapshots of stunning vistas.
8. Port Stephens
Here, you can enjoy the calmness of and gaze at the dazzling blue water. You can get a tan on the sandy beaches of Port Stephens, feel the softness of the white sand, and enjoy the rhythm of the waves. Port Stephens is well-known for fishing and is regarded as one of the best fishing.
Best things to do in Port Stephens
- Enjoy the bike rides in the Sand Dunes.
- Visit the lighthouse
- Enjoy camel ride
- Rock climbing
- Enjoy the seafood
- Enjoy the Parasailing on the sunny beaches.
- Experience the dolphin-watching cruises.
- Make time to visit Nelson Bay.
9. Byron Bay
Byron Bay is a coastal town in New South Wales famous for its beaches. For flights, you can visit the Ballina Byron Airport, the closest to Byron Bay.
Best things to do in Byron Bay
- Visit Cape Byron Lighthouse.
- Enjoy whale watching.
- Make time to visit the Cape Byron Marine Park.
- Capture the panoramic views of the enchanting beauty of Byron Bay.
- Here you will find various markets, do visit and enjoy your shopping.
- Get some spas at luxurious spa resorts.
- Visit some fantastic boutique hotels and enjoy your day.
10. Kangaroo Valley
Kangaroo Valley is one of the most beautiful valleys in New South Wales. Known as a historical village, you will experience the beauty of the Kangaroo River and Rainforests.
Best things to do in Kangaroo Valley
- Visit tea rooms.
- Enjoy Canoeing.
11. Port Macquarie
Located on the mid-north coast of NSW is the Port Macquarie. It is one of the most popular destinations on the Australian continent.
- Billabong Zoo
- Koala Hospital
- Stunning Beaches
- Luscious Hinterland
- River Cruises
- Coastal walk. On the way, you will find amazing views of sparkling beaches, rainforests, rocky bays, and many more.
12. Southern Highlands
Take a walk on the Southern Highlands and experience the breathtaking views. Explore its beautiful walking paths, such as Carrington Falls, Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre, Box Vale Walking Track, and Berrima River Walk. You can also find restaurants with good food and wine.
13. Mungo National Park
Mungo National Park is a unique meeting place for the Muthi Muthi, Nyiampaar, and Barkinji Aboriginal Nations. Visit the Mungo National Park to enjoy mining tours and heritage walking paths.
You can also visit Broken Hill, one of the world’s famous mining towns. Experience the desert sculptures and visit galleries, museums, and Silver City Art Centre.
14. South West Rocks
At South West Rocks, you can find many gorgeous beaches where you can enjoy various sports activities. Visit the South West Rocks Centre for a dive tour of the beautiful Smoky Cape Lighthouse, designed by James Barnet.
15. Palm Beach
Palm Beach has many beautiful locations: the Tasman Sea to the east, Pittwater to the west, Broken Bay to the north, Whale Beach, Avalon, and Clareville to the south. Here, you can enjoy fishing, walking tracks, delicious food, and drinks.
On The Whole
New South Wales has some of the best tourist attractions in Australia. Its exquisite hotels with fun activities will make your holiday a memorable one. Visit some of the world’s heritage where you can feel and experience the beauty of nature.
Enjoy the walkways, beaches, mountains, and gardens, and capture these precious moments. Its vibrant cities and many attractive places make New South Wales a great vacation destination.