Café Sydney is a modern Australian restaurant located in Sydney, Australia. The Café Sydney team members are Jan, Alex, Sarahjane, Simon, and other members who make the experience at Café Sydney worth remembering.
It is at a great location in Circular Quay ýwhich is also close to public transportation. They have been working even during the hard times of Covid in 2020. To visit Café Sydney you can book a table online by their website.
Café Sydney passionately serves its customers and makes their experience a memorable one. You can also do bookings for special occasions, parties, or events. Kate Fletcher, their event manager, and coordinator take care of your request personally.
Café Sydney adores and loves its supporters, guests, and friends. They have many loyal customers, local and around the world. They keep evolving their food and wine menu on a seasonal local produce basis.
Their staff ensures that your dining at Café Sydney is filled with good service, good food, and good cheer. The traditional owners of Café Sydney make your dining experience promptly refilled with delicious food.
With a breathtaking view of Sydney Harbour to Natural light, welcoming dark Timber, metalcraft, and floor-to-ceiling glass doors, the architecture maximizes the aura of Café Sydney. The adorning beauty of the main restaurant lies in the specially commissioned paintings of the Harbour bridge by artist Augus McDonald.
The interior of Café Sydney complements the heritage of Customs house and is made by Hong Kong-based Architect John Morford. The flooring of Café Sydney has been completed with recycled Black Butt Timber from other demolished buildings in Sydney. With the lounge refurbished in late 2014 to the ultimate relaxed atmosphere, you get to experience Café Sydney at its best.
The most significant feature of Café Sydney is the large mirror wall. Its significance lies in its transformation into a shimmering art wall of color as evening light approaches which give a spectacular view to your eyes. The installation of the mirror wall was done by Bruce Ramus.
View & Venue
Café Sydney has been building its reputation as the city’s most iconic dining destination over the past 20 years. With the breathtaking spectacular harbor views of the Harbour Bridge to the left and glimpses of the Opera House on its right, Café Sydney is perched atop Customs House at Circular Quay.
Café Sydney captures spectacular Harbour views, delicacies, an outdoor terrace with notable service, a cocktail lounge, and a relaxed contemporary interior. The terrace outdoor is surrounded by multiple awnings for the protection of the customers.
During winters they provide you with heaters and knee rugs. The indoor setting is set out for 16 guests seated and 30 for a cocktail party. The private dining rooms at Café Sydney make it one of the most notable venues in Sydney.
Menu & Service
Café Sydney is consistent in delivering top-quality produce and faultless service. The menu displays seafood with the best of local produce which is the specialty of Café Sydney.
They provide all-day dining, so you can dine in for lunch, dinner, or anytime you want in between. With the option of private dining and your waiter for the room, you get the best of food delivered to you. You can also do bookings for a large group and end enjoy the delicious food at the restaurant.
Chef James Kidman and the team play a significant role in building the Café Sydney. The chef and the team prepare the freshest and best products of the season to cook dishes. Their A LA Carte Menu is plant-based (vegan), so it is also a great option for vegan people.
Their specialty lies in Morton Bay Bugs, Humpty Doo Barramundi, Coffin Bay, and Pacific Oysters alongside the quality cuts of meat from the top meat suppliers of Sydney.
Café Sydney offers Australian focused notable wine list curated by Sommelier Simon Curkonic. Wine from different regions of Australia rules the menu. It is represented by the bottle and by-the-glass. The champagne list is a compliment to the local specialties and is led by the House of Perrier-Jouet.
A changing dessert menu that goes with the season according to the season’s best produce is curated by Nipanit Intraroon. With the dessert menu, you have the option of many quality classics on the plate.
Inspired and made by the freshest product at the time, the cocktails at Café Sydney are a mic of classic innovative cocktails. Cocktails go perfectly with the Café Sydney cocktail lounge or in the restaurant. In the evening you get to enjoy it at the bar, a drink along with a snack.
- Address: Level 5 Customs House, 31 Alfred St, Sydney, AU-NSW 2000, Australia
- Phone number: (02) 9251 8683
- Website: cafesydney.com
- Parking: Private Parking, Parking Stations Nearby
House of Operation
- Lunch: Monday to Friday—Open & Sunday: 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Dinner: Monday to Friday—Open & Saturday – 5:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Option: Master Card, Visa
- Price: $41 to $70
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Executive Chef: James Kidman
- Eating Options: Dine-in/No Takeaway/No Delivery
Other Best Fine Dining Restaurants in Sydney
Apart from Café Sydney, other restaurants make your whole experience a pleasant one with amazing location and delicious food.
- Address: Pyrmont St 80 , NSW 2009 Pyrmont, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 2 9777 9000
- Specialty: A Japanese, Sushi restaurant serving fresh Japanese seafood alongside grilled meat.
- Address: 1/256 Norton St, NSW 2040 Leichhardt, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 2 9568 5377
- Specialty: A modern Australian serving restaurant with French flair alongside local wines in a simple, refined space.
LuMi Bar & Dining
- Address: 56 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009, Darling Harbour
- Phone Number: +61 2 9571 1999
- Specialty: A restaurant serving inventive Italian cuisine with a Japanese twist to curate your dining experience. An in a glass-walled restaurant completely lit by pendant globes to beautify your surroundings.
- Address: 83 Percival Rd, NSW 2048 Stanmore, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 2 9572 6666
- Specialty: A modern Australian serving restaurant with tasting menus made with fresh homegrown produce, surrounded, and served in a cozy dining room.
Alegrias Spanish Tapas
- Address: Terry St 124, NSW 2039 Rozelle, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 2 9555 6150
- Specialty: A Spanish serving restaurant serving Spanish small plates, mains, and paella in a decorated classy space adorned with chandeliers and a mezzanine.
The Restaurant Pendolino
- Address: Shop 100/412/414 George St, Sydney NSW 2000, The Strand Arcade
- Phone Number: +61 2 9231 6117
- Specialty: An Italian serving restaurant serving handmade pasta in a plush atmosphere with exposed brick and banquettes.
Fortune Village Chinese Restaurant
- Address: Clarence St 209, NSW 2000 Sydney, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 2 9299 7273
- Specialty: A traditional family-run longstanding joint serving Chinese classics with colorful décor and banquet menus.
Seoul Ria Restaurant
- Address: George St Level 2/605-609, NSW 2000 Sydney, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 2 9269 0222
- Specialty: A Korean delicacies serving food serving colorful Korean hot pots, BBQ Pork, and Kimchi in a calm and brightly lit restaurant with long tables to sit on.
Claire’s kitchen at le Saon
- Address: 35 Oxford Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 493 233 870
- Specialty: A French restaurant serving French cuisine with a twist in the menu with a beautiful fireplace and boudoir lighting.
Sydney is a beautiful destination place, known for its rich destination points. Sydney is a very busy city commonly visited by many tourists around the world. People come here to see the amazing location and spectacular harbor views and also to celebrate some special occasion.
Sydney pleasantly surprises its visitors with amazing Cafés and in this article, we have made a list of such cafes. So if you are visiting Sydney, make sure to read the article, book a table for lunch, enjoy amazing service, see amazing locations, visit a bar, and all other types of dishes on your tables with your friend.