Disney Plus is the most popular OTT streaming app launched by Walt Disney on November 12, 2019, and the first users belong to the USA, the Netherlands, and Canada. Later on, it expanded and offered a variety of content like movies, documentaries, TV reality shows, and its brand movies like Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, Disney, and National Geographic.
Disney Plus offers an extensive collection of a variety of content and all content from original productions like Loki and The Black Panther. Also, the contents are available in all languages, with quality streaming.
The best feature it offers is multiple device compatibility. In other places, it integrates with the Hotstar streaming app and provides regional content. Also, it has one more feature, which allows the users to view the content offline by downloading it.
Disney Plus is one of the most affordable and easily accessible OTT streaming apps compared to other OTT streaming apps. It offers the app interface and subtitles in different languages. As I said, it does not load with unnecessary options or menus. In this detailed guide, we are going to learn about the process of how to change the subtitle language on Disney Plus.
1. Why are we changing the language on Disney Plus?
1. The first reason we change the language on Disney Plus is to watch the content in our preferred language to make us comfortable while watching the content.
2. The next thing is it gives options to change audio language, audio, and subtitle settings for hearing impairments.
3. Some people want to enjoy watching content in their native language. So they can enjoy original content by watching the regional shows in their language.
4. Disney helps you learn new languages. It will be fun. If you find an issue, you can contact Disney.
2. Ways of how to change the language on Disney plus
As I already said, Disney Plus has a user-friendly interface that allows anyone to change the language settings, and let’s see about it.
2.1 How to change the language on Disney Plus by using the Computer/System
If you are using Disney Plus in the system, follow the below steps that make you clear.
- Open browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, and enter the website (www.disneyplus.com) or any latest updated browser.
- Then sign in with your Disney Plus login credentials. Most of the people will sign in with their mobile numbers and OTP.
- Select the profile you want to change and change the default language; create a number of profiles you want and choose the needed one.
- After that, click the profile icon.
- Then click the account option that appears on the screen.
- In that account section menu, language preference in the language settings and click.
- You will see the list on the screen and then choose your preferred language from that list.
- Confirm your preferred app language and Save.
- Now refresh the page of the Disney Plus website. And you can see the Disney Plus website in your preferred language.
2.2 How to Change the language on the Disney Plus mobile app (Android and Apple)
Those who are using mobiles can be able to change the language on Disney Plus by using the below steps.
- Use the Play Store to install the Disney Plus mobile app if it is an Android device, and use the App Store if it is an Apple device.
- Open and log in with the credentials.
- After that, go to the profile you want to change the language. Please note changing the language in one profile will not reflect the language used to edit profiles in others you are using.
- Click on the profile settings and a subtitle menu icon with a profile icon on the bottom, top right corner side of the screen, and click on it.
- Then click on the Edit profile and a pencil icon over the Edit profile option, and click on it.
- Choose the system language in the profile you want to modify the language.
- Click on the Language section.
- Now, choose your preferred app language from the list of language choices displayed there.
- Click Save and apply the changes.
- After the re-launch of the Disney Plus app, you will see that the app changed language to your desired language.
2.3 How to change the preferred language on Disney Plus on Smart TV
And users who are using Disney Plus on smart TVs can change the language by following the below step-by-step guide.
- The Disney Plus app is a default app installed on all smart TVs and streaming devices. Just click on it and open it.
- Login into the app using the credentials provided to you.
- Now click on the profile tab in the profile settings you want to edit profiles modify.
- Then click on the device settings icon in the menu represented by a gear-like menu icon.
- There will be audio and subtitle settings and an option to choose the audio and subtitles.
- Choose the first language button in the audio menu for your desired language from the available options.
- Confirm and save the two language options you have chosen.
- Finally, close the app and reopen it to see the changes the app will have in the interface, and watch the content in your preferred language.
2.4 How to Change the desired language on Disney Plus in streaming devices
So people are using Disney Plus on Amazon Fire TV, Roku TV, and Apple TV. They can be able to change the language on Disney Plus in streaming devices by following the below steps.
2.4.1 Amazon Fire TV
- Open and log in to the Disney Plus app using the credentials given to them.
- Then click on the setting option in the fire TV.
- A list is displayed by clicking the language option.
- Click the app to choose the audio language you need.
2.4.2 Roku TV
- In the Roku TV, open the application and enter the app using login credentials.
- Now stream any of the shows or movies or whatever you want.
- In the Roku remote, click the Star button.
- Clicking the Star button, a pop-up will appear on the screen.
- Now, choose the desired language you want.
2.4.3 Apple TV
- Click the app on Apple TV to open and log in using the credentials provided to you.
- Now select the movies or TV shows you want to watch on Apple TV.
- In the remote, swipe down.
- Then select the audio and app language you want from the list shown at the top, upper right corner of the screen in the Apple TV.
3. Consider this additional information also for changing the app language
To give you a better experience in changing language in this Disney.
1. Disney Plus has the option to create multiple profiles in the profile settings and can make different profiles for different languages for households with various different language-speaking members. Changes in one don’t affect the entire profile.
2. Disney Plus supports a variety of languages such as Danish, German, English (UK), English (US), Spanish, French, Italian, Turkish, Polish, Spanish (Latin America), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Korean and many others, and all regional languages in some regions. For example, in India, it covers all five languages, the regional languages more than Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam.
3. This streaming app offers audio and subtitles in different languages.
4. Having the original language of the content of TV shows or movies gives you immense cultural experience.
5. It provides high-quality streaming by changing the language does not affect the audio or any visuals.
6. It is compatible with all devices, such as mobiles (IOS & Android), tablets, smart TVs, computers, gaming consoles, streaming devices, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV. Also, the changing of language on Disney Plus is the same for all the different devices used.
So changing language to the desired language on Disney Plus is a simple thing that gives a good experience in streaming the content. It helps you learn different languages and also improve your communication skills.
You can follow the same steps as provided here to change the language on Disney Plus on any device and enjoy your shows in your preferred language and subtitles.
Hello myself kalidaspandian, working as an Assistant Manager in a public sector in TamilNadu. And also as a part time freelancer can do any kind of non coding works like SEO, Digital marketing, Translation, Transcription , Data entry and all. Feel free to contact me (+918610826836) if you want to do any government related works inside TamilNadu and also for the non-coding projects especially data entry & Digital marketing.