Everybody uses MS Word. In schools and colleges, students are encouraged to make projects and reports. In offices, it is used for typing correspondences and generating reports. The projects and reports must be styled well to draw the attention of our teachers, professors, and bosses.
If you’re using MS Word, did you know that you can change the color of the text or use fonts that suit a specific style? When you enter any text, options to change font size and style come up.
Calibri 11 is the default font in MS Word. Let us find out how to change the default font in Word.
1. How to Change the Default Font in Word?
To change the default font style, you have to follow the following steps: –
- Click to open the Microsoft Word document
- Press the home tab to find the font group
- The right corner of the font group situated downside has an arrow
- Click on the arrow for the dialog box to open
- Set as default and as a normal template
You can select various font styles, and sizes and also use strike-through small caps. You can use standard font and advanced font settings. While writing a document formatting is an important aspect and it makes the document readable and presentable.
1.1 How to Change Default Font Size in Word?
To change the default font size, follow these steps. You need to select the size for a font to improve readability and easy understanding. The default font is usually Calibri or Times New Roman, with size 11 or 12.
- Click the home tab and select the font dialogue box
- Select the font size you want to use
- Set the selected font size as the default
- Set the document template as normal
- Click on ok
1.2 Significance of Default Font in Word
Font has an impact in making the readers engage in informative content. The font size and style do not let the readers miss important information. Enable the readers to engage with the subject. Makes the document presentable with elements of style.
It also segregates visual elements and promotes legibility. The tone and sentiment of the message promote communication. Font enables the text to be specific in style and format. Font creates a conducive atmosphere for a reader and also provides visual clues highlighting the important sentences.
Setting the right tone and mood for something you have written makes you help your readers derive the message. This way, you are making a way for your readers to segregate important information from unimportant information. Imparts style to the document. Fonts convey an important message to the broader audience in an accessible manner and with clarity.
The style of typography influences a reader positively, enhancing the mood of the reader, and improving the readability, clarity, and usability of the document. When you design and optimize font, the flow of your document is organized and easily comprehendible.
Font sizes increase or decrease the size of the text to convey information. An optimized size allows the reader to decipher important and engaging information. A font size improves visual impact with headlines emphasizing the importance of the information in the text. The font size makes the screen readable and engaging, promoting readability with clarity.
1.3 Importance of Font Style
The style of the font makes text such as bold, italics, and others make the readers understand the importance of font style in typography so that they go through the document carefully and fully to understand the message in it. Font style makes the document accessible and analyzes and interprets the information in the text.
Fonts easy to read attract the attention of a broader audience. Fonts evoke different emotions and help the reader perceive the information. Font style depends on width, stroke, weight, and slant. It has different family names such as Helvetica, times, and Arial, and generic font styles such as sans-serif, monospace, serif, cursive, and fantasy styles. Font design is a combination of technology, trends, and culture. The visual-spatial textual configuration makes the text appealing.
Font family adds value to the purpose of the text. Different strokes, weight, and space between characters. Default font provides accessibility and readability.
2 Changing Font Size on Different OS
2.1 Windows 10
- Log into your Windows account on your device
- Change the settings to change the font size
- Click on the settings icon
- A pop-up appears with a variety of device settings
- From the settings menu click on the word display, you get various options for font settings
- If you want to increase the size of the text, you can click to make the text bigger
- Test the font size using the user interface experience and Windows magnifier feature.
- Use simple and legible font sizes rather than decorative font sizes for easy understanding.
2.2 Mac OS
- On a Mac OS device, you get a variety of options for changing the font size on the screen. Follow the following steps to change the font size on Mac.
- Log into your Mac user account.
- Log into the Mac device screen and change the font size
- Change the font size within the mail app on your Mac device
- Reach out to the mail icon on the screen that has a logo of a blue postcard and a flying bird.
- Find the mail icon on top of the screen, hover over it to click on preferences and click general.
The ideal font size is moderate and is neither too big or small. A comfortable text for a reader without much strain on their eyes. If you want to display highlighted information, a heading with a big size makes the reader notice it.
A smaller size for the text makes it easy for the reader to focus on the page. A variety of font sizes within typography makes the importance of words significant. When you use contrasting fonts, it helps create visual interest and elements bright and impactful.
2. Conclusion – How to Change the Default Font in Word?
Font size and style signify the importance of textual information. Fonts provide tone, and mood, portraying tradition, and sophistication, with modern, neutral, humanist elements. Certain fonts are bold and contemporary.
A few of the fonts are stylish, classic, formal, and elegant. The default font in Word is used to display characteristic features that help the readers analyze, interpret, and comprehend the information with ease. Follow the steps to change the default font in Word to help your readers access engaging and impactful information. Hope you have learned how to change the default font size in Word.
I started writing initially at Travelling foot and later ventured into pepper content , since then have written across different verticals.
I love to travel and my interest in visiting places made me choose this profession.
I am a psychotherapist and content writer by profession.