Snapchat emojis can be changed anytime, anywhere, easily. Let’s dive into understanding how to change Snapchat emojis. But, first of all, what exactly do different emojis mean?
Different emojis hold different meanings and are the symbols of expressions of users. Emojis can elaborate on the relationships between you and your friend, or you can say the user to whom you are connected on Snapchat.
Emojis have different meanings, so you must change them according to your preference and closeness. But to change the emojis, you need to know the steps that are required in Snapchat.
This article will elaborate on the various steps and importance of changing Snapchat emojis.
1. Meaning Of Emojis
Emoji is a Japanese word where ‘e’ refers to a picture and ‘moji’ means character. Emojis defines a word that means the picture of character, expressions, objects, and symbols.
There is one more similar term, which is emoticons, but it is not more similar to a word.
There is a little difference in meaning. Emoticons refer to the punctuations, letters, and numbers that can be used to show the pictorial element.
2. Types Of Emojis
Many types of emojis show different emotions and expressions. Emojis in Apple are somehow different from Android.
In the android system, you can see the yellow face having different expressions and emotions. Apart from these faces, you can see the symbols of family, cars, mathematical expressions, hand gestures, food, different colors of hearts, flowers, animals, birds, flags, house, body parts, vegetables, fruits, and many more.
To express the different meanings we use different types of emojis in our chats or profiles. In Snapchat, we can use such types in our snapshots, snapstreaks, and chats, or you can use such emojis in your profile as well.
3. Change Emojis On Snapchat In A Few Steps
After a few steps, results are always the same, but there are some differences in steps for Android and iOS.
However, not every emojis can not be used in all systems, but yes you can use various emojis according to your preference. A few steps are the solution of how to change Snapchat emojis.
Let’s get started with the Android system.
3.1 Steps: How to Change Snapchat Emojis on Android?
There is a customized friendship emojis in which you can change your friendship emojis according to your preference. Here are the steps that explain how to change Snapchat emojis;
- Step 1: Open Snapchat. Go to the meatballs menu (three horizontal dots).
- Step 2: Go to the “customized best friend” emojis option and select the button.
- Step 3: Select the option that you wish to change. Suppose you want to change the Snapchat emoji for BFs, then click on the BFs option.
- Step 4: select the new emoji you wish to use for your BFs from the opened friend emoji page.
- Step 5: Click on the back arrow, and your emoji will be changed after a while.
3.2 How To Change Emojis In Snapchat Via Setting Option In Android?
Changing emojis in Android is as simple as the previous one, but the result is always the same. That is how to change Snapchat emojis.
Let’s dive into these steps, which are going to help us change customized friend emojis in Snapchat through the settings tab.
- Step 1: Open the Snapchat app. Go to your profile (top left corner) having your bitmoji icon.
- Step 2: Tap the “setting” gear icon above the screen.
- Step 3: Scroll down in the settings page and find customized emojis there.
- Step 4: Select “Customize emojis” and find the option that you want to change. For example you want to change the emojis of mutual best, tap the option.
- Step 5: Click on the option and select the emoji that you want to put over there. For example, you want a heart emoji for mutual best, so select that heart emoji from the emojis page.
- Step 6: Click the back arrow above to see the change.
Note: Press’ reset to default’ if you want to change your emojis again. Select the ‘yes’ option from the confirmation prompt to confirm your reset.
3.3 How To Change Snapchat Emojis on iPhone?
Nowadays, the iPhone is being used by many people, but some people are very new to the systems and settings because the functions of the iPhone are quite different from the Android system.
Let’s know about the steps that show how to change Snapchat emojis on the iPhone:
- Step 1: Open the Snapchat in your system and tap the “profile” option (top left corner).
- Step 2: Tap the settings gear icon ( it will be visible when you open your profile page).
- Step 3: Tap the “manage” button under the “additional service” option. Under this option, choose “Customize friend emojis”.
- Step 4: Choose new emojis from the list that appears in the new emojis page.
- Step 5: Tap the back arrow at the top left button to save changes and go back to the previous page.
Note: If you want to reset Snapchat emojis, tap ‘reset to default’ and choose ‘yes’ to confirm.
Now, the question is, can we change the emojis for Snapstreak? So the answer is yes, you can change the emojis for Snapstreak as well. Let’s see.
4. What Is Snapstreak?
Snapstreak refers to the number of continuous sending snaps between two friends or users. A higher streak means a higher score in Snapchat.
This is a regular conversation, or you can exchange snaps by sending snaps between you and your friend on a daily basis. snapstreak emojis will be there to inform you about your streaks, which will usually be the emoji of fire emoji.
One more thing is there, that is the collection of filters.
When you open the Snapchat camera, there are many options, from scrolling the filter option immediately below your screen to popping the camera.
When you drag that option, you will be able to find many filters like dark, dark aesthetic, black and white, sunset view, virtual scenes, bright light, and many more.
4.1 How To Change Snapstreak Emojis In Android?
For snapstreak, you always see the emoji of fire. If you want to use different emojis for your snapstreak, you must change that emoji. Find a new emoji. Following are the steps that show you how to change streak emoji:
- Step 1: Open the Snapchat app on your phone. Go to your “profile” section.
- Step 2: Select the “settings gear” icon that will be on the top left corner and find the manage button.
- Step 3: Select a “friend emoji” from the page and find a new emoji from there.
- Step 4: Go to “Snapstreak”, which will usually be the fire emoji option. Select the streak emoji that you want to appear.
- Step 5: Tap the back arrow. You will be able to see the changes that you wanted to have.
Note: To go to the previous setting, follow the same step, such as going to the ‘reset to default’ option, clicking and pressing ‘yes’ to confirm. After that, you will be able to see the changes.
4.2 How to Change Emojis For Snapstreak On iPhone?
Settings in iPhones are somehow different from Android, so the steps are slightly different. Let me know the following steps;
- Step 1: Open Snapchat and go to your profile.
- Step 2: Tap the “settings icon” on the top left corner.
- Step 3: Tap the “Manage” button under the additional service option.
- Step 4: Under the manage button, click on a “snapstreak” and select the new emoji from the emoji category that you want to add.
- Step 5: Press the back arrow now that you have changed the emoji you wanted.
You have learned how to change Snapchat emojis in Android and iPhone for friends and Snapstreaks.
Snapchat has many more features, like streaks, video calls, audio calls, recording audio and videos, and many more.
In Snapchat, you can record videos but for a specific time limit. Now, the question is, how long can you record your video on Snapchat?
In Snapchat, you can record a video for 60 seconds, but not more than that. For more information, you can see the following:
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Does Snapchat need any private credentials?
Snapchat does not need any private credentials; you can simply make your account with the help of your username and password. For logging-in purposes, you should use your mobile number or email for one one-time password(OTP).
2. How can I maintain Snapstreak?
Snapstreak means you are sending snaps on a daily basis. You can maintain your snap streak by sending and receiving snaps to your Snapchat friends daily.
3. Is Snapchat on Android and iPhone the same or different?
Snapchat is the same in both, but their functioning, like regulating things, might be slightly different. Emojis are very different from each other. Not all emojis are the same in both, so you must find them according to your choice.
4. How to connect with friends on Snapchat?
There are many users on Snapchat. Go to the add people option and find the list of people who have already been added to you as friends.
Confirm the user there if you know them or are willing to know them. In the drop-down option, you will see the list of people whom you might know. Click on the username to whom you want to connect. Wait for their acceptance.
5.1 Snapchat Friends
With these steps, you connect to people on Snapchat and will find Snapchat friends.
1. Is there any age limit on Snapchat?
No, probably not. Snapchat has no age restrictions. Anyone can use it for their own purpose or convenience.
2. Should I delete my Snapchat account for changing emojis?
No, changing emojis does not require deleting the account. You can simply change the emojis by the settings or managing option.
Snapchat emojis differ; however, their functioning in the different systems might change occasionally, but the result will always be the same. There is another option, which is bitmoji, that is used to be for your profile picture.
Snapchat is the app that is considered one of the most preferred apps for capturing photos and videos because of its filter? There are many options available that make your photos and videos more attractive and creative.
However, for creativity, all credit goes to the app only. The functioning and filters for Android differ, while for iOS, they vary as well.
Live to write. I have been writing since class 7 and I would love to continue this passion for a long time. I love to read and I think this hobby makes me write. Hope, my readers will also enjoy my pieces.